Blog Writer (Intern)
Generate engaging, original content for The Vow Whisperer. The Blogger will research topics and develop interesting posts that will appeal to our target audience and promote the blog using social media, direct email, and other methods to alert and expand our readership. You should be a skilled, tech-savvy writer who can create appealing, insightful posts that will reach and grow our audience.
What does a blog writer do?
You will write content for our website about weddings, lifestyle and more. You will post and promote content across social media channels, along with other interns. You must have familiarity with SEO/marketing to drive up engagement.
The experience is an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying knowledge gained in the classroom. We will establish the objectives and goals in accordance with the student’s curriculum. The student will work directly with the social media strategist, as well as the founder.
Blogger Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing experience or familiarity with interests or topics that relate to our brand and target audience.
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
- Creativity and adaptability.
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends.
- Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords.
- Ability to sit and type for extended periods.
- College student achieving a Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
This unpaid position reports to the Founder/CEO and the Social Media Manager.
There is mentorship, supervision, guidance, and opportunities throughout the internship. The intern will also collaborate on projects with other interns.
Educational value: The intern will finish with robust knowledge and experience in a “real world” scenario.
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
Job Types: Part-time, Unpaid Internship