We are invested in your students – especially during challenging times. The Center for Career Development supports students by offering a variety of tools, on-line resources, and programming in addition to personalized, individual coaching. In partnership with alumni and parents, we provide connections to transformative experiences. Our goal is to democratize opportunities and provide equal access for all students.
Here are some of the ways that parents and families can help us advance our mission by sharing time and talent. Please contact our office if you would like to volunteer your time with the Center for Career Development.
- Conduct Mock Interviews – conduct practice interviews with students to help them build confidence when meeting with employers.
- Host an Extern – arrange for a student to shadow you for a 2-5 day observational experience at your place of employment. These experiences provide students with a first-hand view of specific roles, pathways, career fields and industries.
- Hire an Intern – hire a “shoreman” at your organization for an 8-12 week summer experience. Interns can be paid or unpaid and can offer innovative perspectives on current projects. Stipends are available to support expenses and applications are due in March.
- Post Job and Internship positions in Handshake – our robust posting platform that allows all students to have access to opportunities.
- Attend a Networking Event – make connections with students at a regional event or on-campus.
- Host an Employer Information Session – represent your organization to share typical career paths, entry-level positions, and culture with students as they explore options.
- Attend Career Fairs and support recruiting programs – volunteer to participate in virtual on-campus recruiting programs and interview days.
- Serve as a Mentor – sign up through the GeorgeConnX site.