Position Summary: The Medical Director is responsible for supervising and providing health care for the summer camp community, implementing the policies and procedures outlined in Camp Mason’s Health Care Plan, and consulting with the doctors and staff at Sparta Medical Services, our health care partners. The Medical Director will live at camp for the duration of employment and supervise the Assistant Medical Director, and Per Diem Nurses. The position requires commitment to the YMCA’s Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. Previous experience in health care settings, other childcare settings, strong leadership and organizational skills, and a positive attitude will contribute to success in this position.
The Health Care Director reports to the Camp Director.
· Age 21+
· MD, RN, equivalent advanced medical certification or higher
· Professional CPR and Adv. First Aid
· Previous experience in health care/childcare settings
Essential Job Functions:
· Ability to drive
· Overnight on-call duties
· Supervise, accomplish, and assist with the medical check-in of campers on opening days
· Supervise, accomplish, and assist with the medical check-out procedures on closing days
· Supervise, accomplish, and assist with maintenance of the Health Lodge and surrounding grounds, including cleaning, laundry, and resupply as needed
· Store, document, and distribute meds for campers and staff members
· Respond to emergencies and coordinate response procedures
· Supervise, accomplish, and assist with triage and care for campers and staff entering the Health Lodge
· Role model and enforce good daily personal hygiene
· Be on time for all scheduled meetings, activities, meals etc.
· Contact parents regarding medical concerns
· Assist in staff medical training, including sessions on injury prevention, health related issues, etc.
· Other duties not specifically addressed in this document but deemed necessary by the Camp Director
Shared housing and cafeteria style meals are provided. Salary is commensurate with experience. Workman’s Compensation Insurance provided to all staff.