INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Music Teacher
Poet Mark Van Doren once said, “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.”
As a Music Teacher, help your students discover the world of music which will influence the rest of their lives.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Without a high quality school, many of the families involved in Bible translation in West Africa would have to leave for the sake of their children. By providing crucial education, you will impact both the lives of dozens of missionary families as well as hundreds of language communities still waiting to receive the Bible.
Job Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has similar open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What might you do?
Every day is exciting! One day you might introduce a student to an instrument for the very first time. Another day you will meet with parents to help figure out a plan for their child’s learning assistance needs. You’ll participate in reviews and interviews, develop tests and assessments, creatively care for your classroom, and cheer on your students in school sports!
This job might be for you if…
- You are eager to instruct students in music theory, and various music styles and forms.
- Depending on your specialty and experience, you may teach and train solo voice or choir, band instruments, or a specific instrument like piano.
- You love kids and are passionate about caring for their minds, bodies, and souls through a Christian education.
- You flourish in a cross-cultural, family-type atmosphere and in helping high school students navigate cross-cultural challenges.
- You’ve spent at least one year as a teacher and hold current teaching credentials.
Learn more: https://rfis.org/