Hours: 20 – 25 hours / week
Term: 1 Year
8/1/19 – 8/1/2020
This position will be an integral part of revenue generation for the Business Development Members of Corporate & Incentive Sales Team.
This internship will have you working with the VP Business Development on qualifying, quoting, negotiating and closing group business.
CSS intern will support Corporate & Incentive Sales Team with other sales activities which could include:
- Assisting the Team with Sales & Marketing strategic efforts to achieve established revenue goals
- Day site inspections with VP of Business Development
- Sailing site inspections
- Assist and take notes on joint sales calls to accounts/clients.
This position will work closely with other internal departments including but not limited to Business Development, Revenue Management, Operations and Marketing. The end goal is to teach and help train you to deliver high levels of customer service and operational excellence, which in turn leads to increased client satisfaction and revenue growth for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in inbound and outbound interactions to create selling opportunities.
- Assist to qualify the client’s needs and presents alternatives in order to secure the business.
- Make outbound follow up calls on proposed business (as well as expired options or options due to expire) and provides general support to customer inquiries with a goal of securing a firm commitment.
- Assist the Corporate & Incentive Sales Team on all account activities and pending business.
- Must be in junior or senior year at a four-year college or university and preferred 1 to 3 years of sales experience, preferably with business to business sales.
- Established success and proven proficiency in the core competencies required
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Travel may be required from time to time
- Absolute follow-up skills are essential, strong positive attitude, excellent level of communication (both verbal and written) and high energy are required.
- Ability to assess complex situations and make logical decisions in a diverse environment under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain successful business relationships with both external customers and internal colleagues to successfully close business.
- Ability to use advanced business and sales knowledge to make decisions, use sound judgment, negotiate effectively and get results.
- Ability to use multiple communication and interaction methods to collaborate effectively, get results with others and develop customer champions.
- Ability to display the highest level of personal integrity, take responsibility for personal and organizational results, and proactively develop greater ability.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, HubSpot and Slack CRM’s