Warner Music U, Content Creator Spring 2022
At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Warner Music U Content Creator
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused around developing artists. Our content and experiences are generated by young creatives, all with the intention of creating lifelong fans for our artists and labels. Reps receive hands on experience in the music industry, working directly with full time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Nashville. Reps work part time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive credit if necessary.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music U is now hiring young music junkies with a passion for content creation, videography and editing to join our team for the Spring 2022 Semester as paid reps!
Interested? This should be you –
- Obsessed with music. And we don’t mean one or two genres. You’re someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre.
- You’re a great storyteller and have a creative mind that can envision the final piece from the initial concept discussion.
- You live for creating video content – your camera is always with you and you’re constantly posting edited pieces to your socials, YouTube channel and/or website.
- Generating views for your content is your number one goal and you know how to do it authentically.
- The challenge of creating engaging content for relatively unknown developing artists excites you.
- A self-starter excited about the idea of running projects without direct supervision.
- Willing to use your personal socials to create awareness and generate views for priority artists (regardless of genre) and brand partnerships.
If this is you, we need to meet!
Here you’ll get to:
You will be responsible for editing raw footage collected from WMU events and activations taking place across the country into professional and cohesive pieces to be shared through various WMG and Warner Music U channels. In addition, you will create content pieces of your own promoting new releases, tour announcements, merch, playlists, and upcoming events adding your own creative spin and style.
Share Your Expertise
Share your ideas and input in collaboration meetings with the full team to help them collect the best footage/content for final pieces. Create shot lists and concepts for nationwide events and moments to maintain continuity, and share best practices for collecting video/audio for an event (what to ask a hired videographer, what equipment to use, which way to hold a phone camera, etc.)
Work with and coordinate content pieces and activations both when an artist is in your market and virtually. Occasionally work directly with artists to help capture their creative vision when editing a final piece.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the editing and revision process. Connect and collaborate with your fellow reps through weekly meetings and coordinated moments.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide insights on the latest trends and music popular in your market.
- HUGE passion for music, pop culture, and social media
- Open to individuals enrolled in a 2- or 4-year university with at least two semesters remaining before graduation, high school juniors and seniors, as well as non-students.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (ex. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Experience with professional grade cameras. Audio equipment and software experience a plus!
- Professional attitude with great time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced role
- Great attention to detail
- Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio or social media presence (include links on resume)
- Understanding of social media platforms (especially Instagram and TikTok) and content that performs best on each platform
- A public Instagram and TikTok profile (include both handles on your resume)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Previous freelance or internship experience creating content for a team or brand
- Previous marketing and/or music internship experience
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.