This role is responsible for overseeing the success of the internship program, including recruitment, hiring, and managing of 30+ interns each semester. Some of the job functions include:
- Recruit potential interns every spring, summer, and fall including doing outreach events, online postings, career fair presentations and other forms of recruitment at local and national levels.
- Work closely with university faculty and career center staff from universities locally and nationally on recruitment initiatives.
- Create/advise on internship materials, as required.
- Collect application materials and organize accordingly to interview and select interns.
- Create work schedules for interns based on availability of time and resources of both interns and office, tracking work hours for interns in compliance with Vote Smart and university requirements.
- Assist with intern management with research staff, including coordinating evaluations and necessary disciplinary action.
In addition to internship related duties, this role performs office management duties, which foster a healthy, productive, and positive office environment. These duties range from:
- Distributing some incoming communications by email, phone, mail, and walk-ins.
- Accounting for and paying office bills, including creating a bi-weekly payroll report.
- Filing important documents, physically and digitally.
- Communicating externally with other area groups, including volunteers, professors, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Manage on-boarding process with National Director for new staff including physical space requirements, supplies, and digital access.
- Keep staff and interns connected by planning and executing organizational wide events.
- Assisting the National Director with administrative duties, as needed.
- Working largely independently, this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to further their skills in nonprofit management, human resources, and administration. The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong skills in detail orientation, organization (physically and digitally), and communication.
- Ability to work and lead collaboratively across the organization.
- Time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Customer service experience, specifically with phone management.
- Experience in outreach including event planning and relationship building.
- Human resources and nonprofit work experience.
- Experience in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar etc), Handshake, and Dropbox.
- Basic understanding of how databases work.
- Positive attitude and commitment to mission.