Work closely with project managers and the software development team to understand how features in a software development project should function and who will use them. Based on this understanding, create test scenarios designed to verify functionality and to challenge how well a feature set meets the expectations for its design. The goal of this effort is to identify issues potentially affecting the quality of a feature and to provide clear information to assist in decision-making related to these software products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand features required for new software development.
- Clarify ambiguities in business or functional requirements.
- Identify success criteria and prioritize test requirements.
- Create a plan for testing application features and carry out the plan.
- Verify, report, and track defects found in testing and confirm resolution of defects.
- Revise testing scope and approach based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
- Develop knowledge of modern test and software development methodologies.
- College degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Ability to uphold the requirements of working in a professional environment.
- Software testing experience or similar engagement with software systems preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- You possess a natural curiosity about how a system should function and will eagerly learn how to conduct good software testing to contribute to the development of quality software.
- You are skilled utilizing computer systems in a windows based environment.
- You have a strong sense of personal responsibility for outcomes.
- You are skilled at communicating issues in verbal and written form and can clearly articulate the status of tasks or results.
- You have experience using basic functions in Excel.
- You may have some basic knowledge of database concepts or a structured query language.
- You have excellent listening skills.
- You can work at both detailed and abstract levels.
- You possess strong problem solving and trouble-shooting capability.
- You are able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- You may already have some experience testing software or a similar engagement with software systems and you might have technical skills that you can use to assist in your testing.