Specialist, Market Intelligence & Strategy
US, Portland | Management | Full-Time | ID: 11801
At Vestas, we live our company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Simplicity and Passion. In a dynamic and evolving industry, we change quickly to meet the needs of our customers. Our passion is to preserve the environment through sustainable energy solutions. If this aligns with your values and passion, we want to hear from you!
The Department: The Market Intelligence & Strategy group directly supports the growth strategy and decision-making of Vestas Americas by providing analysis, project management and business development support. We combine a enthusiasm for energy along with an understanding of markets, policy and economics to assist all functions of the North American business unit including Turbine & Service Sales, Business Development, Product Management, Procurement and Government Relations. It is a cross-functional, collaborative team with a healthy variety in its day to day work.
- Function as a go-to individual for market knowledge and analysis needs in the North American region and Global Intelligence unit
- Support business development efforts through pitch deck creation, research, data analysis and customer engagements
- Potential functions include product management & forecasting, turbine & service value engineering, competitive analysis, power marketing, business development and policy analysis
- Quantify impact of external market factors such as economic incentives, supply chain price volatility, environmental restrictions, and federal/state/local governmental rules as it may impact company and project financials
- Collaborate to leverage Vestas data streams into GIS-based market intelligence platform
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters-level education, education in energy preferred
- Experience working in energy and a basic understanding of energy markets
- Experience with financial modeling
- Experience with ArcGIS favorable
- Essential behaviors – collaboration, continuous improvement, flexibility, customer focus, active listener, etc.
- Proficiency with applicable software applications including Microsoft Office, ArcGIS or Alteryx
- Experience with coding language such as Python or R favorable
- Professional communication skills, oral and written, and interpersonal interaction
- Solid organizational skills
What we offer: As a member of the Vestas team, we offer an attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer are healthcare; dental; vision; vacation; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
EEO/Legal: It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.