What you’ll be doing…
Location: Irving, TX
At Verizon, Finance is leading the formation of an advanced analytics arm that delivers world-class insights in driving business impacts through a data driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to be a subject matter expert, hands-on and contribute the experiences you’ve gained in your Masters program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge regarding strategic business problem solving, data analytics, and strategic change initiatives in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to drive advanced analytics and embed Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) techniques to:
– Identify customer growth opportunities from new 5G revenue models.
– Detect Fraud and optimize customer experience.
– Leverage customer behavioral data science and optimize credit decisions/collections strategy.
– Optimize digital growth by balancing omni-channel experience and profitability.
– Partner with in-house data strategy experts to design analytically ready datasets by stitching customer data across multiple platforms and incorporating business rules.
Analytical Work Management:
– Partner with internal business partners in gathering business requirements and developing advanced analytical solutions to complex problems.
– Participate in the design, implementation, and interpretation of experiments/trials for continuous refinement of on-going strategies.
– Translate predictive insights from a complex analytical framework to optimize decisions related to marketing investments, credit offerings, and fraud strategy.
Modeling & Infrastructure:
– Develop and deploy both traditional statistical models and machine learning techniques and algorithms: Regression, clustering, neural networks, random forest, etc. to guide marketing investments and strategy.
– Periodically validate model performance and update models based on changing business strategies/objectives.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in an MBA, Masters, or Ph.D. degree program with a concentration in Finance, Economics/Econometrics Strategy, Design, Marketing, Data or Business Analytics, Business IT, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or related major with an expected completion date by June 2021.
– Experience in Corporate Strategy, Operations, Data Analytics, Management Consulting, Finance, Quantitative, Marketing, Business Modeling, or a related field.
– Hands on use of SAS, R, or Python.
– Ability to program in SQL.
– Prior experience in using machine learning techniques to solve business problems.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Irving, TX.
Even better if you have:
– Experience developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions to complex business problems/opportunities.
– Experience in Hadoop Clusters/Hive/Scala/Spark.
– Experience using data management, analysis, and visualization to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains.
– Demonstrated strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
– Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Experience in telecom, high-tech, or related industries.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.