What you’ll be doing…
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on, and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Global Technology Solutions Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As a Predictive Analytics Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
– Assist team in supporting 5G projects.
– Partner with the Spectrum and Strategy team.
– Learn data analytics to help to drive strategic decisions shaping our network plans.
– Be involved in 5G planning, for both mmWave and 5G in our existing licensed spectrum bands.
– Leverage data visualization tools to create plans for the transition from 4G to 5G NR, pinpointing when and where that can happen, and at what pace.
– Research telemetry being collected from our network elements and how we might use it to enable novel capabilities.
– Be a part of the team that shapes multi-billion dollar investments for the nation’s largest and fastest 4G LTE Network, and next-generation investments into 5G and OneFiber.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in: Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science and Mechanics, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Business Administration, Business Intelligence, or related major with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2024.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Greenwood Village, CO
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
– Knowledge of RAN backhaul standards to include EBH/CPRI protocols, coding skills, strong familiarity with Excel, and Google spreadsheet concepts to allow the review and manipulation of database data in a tabular format.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.