What you’ll be doing…
This Corporate Strategy full time position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. The group works with business unit leaders, key stakeholders, and external advisors to drive long-term growth and shareholder value. We analyze where value gets created across all of Verizon’s different businesses – and generate insights to help inform operating portfolio management, new business and growth opportunities, capital allocation, and adjacent industries.
You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Corporate Strategy team that will help you grow both professionally and personally.
Fueled by the Verizon 5G future, the New Business Incubation (NBI) team is anchored in the Corporate Strategy organization of Verizon and provides a focused effort to generate new business concepts built upon the strength of Verizons best-in-class network, broad customer base and massive capabilities. Incubating these ideas from new to big portfolio entities, the NBI team is made up of passionate innovators that manage strategy, full stack team execution (business development & partnerships, business operations, product, engineering, sales, marketing, etc) and profit & loss (P&L) responsibilities. Today, the NBI portfolio spans location technology, drone and aviation services, robotics and other nascent technologies that will accompany our future.
In this Corporate Strategy role, you may have the opportunity to:
– Develop and enhance software for the operations management platform utilized for driving Verizon’s technology forward.
– Identify markets and areas where Verizon can enter (new geographies, customer segments or industries).
– Analyze marketing and distribution effectiveness and efficiency.
– Generate scorecards for key metrics.
– Assess valuation of Verizon’s portfolios of operating businesses and products.
– Present to senior leaders of the company.
– Help to strategically plan within our business units.
– Communicate content, processes, and governance.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other internship roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program in: Computer Science, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis, Economics, Data Analytics, Statistics, Business or related major with an expected completion date by June 2021.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Denver, CO.
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytical, financial acumen, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Experience with database management programming and data visualization software. Emphasis on Python, R, and SQL.
– Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
– Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
– Experience in telecom, high-tech, or related industries.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.