What you’ll be doing…
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on, and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Global Technology Solutions Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As an Artificial Intelligence Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
– Define the future standards to support 5G, Network Slicing and MEC in both the SDO community, our vendors and Verizon.
– Utilize GO language for processing of alarms and telemetry on Apache Pulsar. and gain knowledge in gNMI (Protobuf).
– Utilize Big Data platform for streaming telemetry and alarms to VGrid for further BI and Data Science.
– Work on the Open Source Template Wizard for defining Telemetry where UI is developed in JAVA, Spring, and Angular. Patent Filed on the normalizer already.
– Participate in the patent process for the template wizard.
– Take part in Hadoop based Big Data analytics platform that blends multiple 3rd party data with Verizon billing and network data to provide a unified view of what customers and prospects are at a given location.
– Build mobile apps (iOS and Android) and the blockchain that registers and maintains identities.
– Implement the secure communication protocols that facilitate mutual authentication.
– Develop Fleet Advanced Analytic and improve fleet operations to be more predictive and effective with AL/ML-based predictive analytics, forecasting capabilities.
– Evaluate an internal build of an automated simplified reporting solution that will reconcile legacy general ledger systems with the replicated general ledger data in S/4HANA.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Computer Information Science, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or related major with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2024.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Temple Terrace, FL.
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Familiarity with statistical analysis and machine learning,
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.