VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 7 – August 13. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
The PortOps department consists of 16 staff members across four teams: Trade Settlements, Reconciliation and Performance, Reporting and Analytics, and Security and Portfolio Analytics. The majority of the team is based in Tampa with the remainder in New York. PortOps teams work closely with professionals throughout the entire firm including portfolio managers, traders, marketing, compliance and IT. This position will provide an Intern with exposure to all PortOps team and as a result, a primer to most parts of VanEck.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Review executing procedures to ensure clarity of instructions. This requires working with team members to learn the business process.
- Participate in business improvement initiatives. This could stem from the procedural review or other projects that team supervisors independently identify.
- Assist with Excel data analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems in the Reconciliation system that incorporates data sourced from trading system, accounting systems, custodian and fund accountant.
- Learn and participate in the quality control review for reporting deliverables including monthly NAV return generation, client reporting and performance attribution.
- Learn trade settlement process; assist maintaining external settlement instruction database
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Passion for investing and an understanding of financial markets.
- Exposure to different asset classes (equity, fixed income, spots, forwards, options, futures, swaps) and investment products (mutual funds, ETFs, hedge funds, separately managed accounts).
- Quantitative orientation; experience in data analysis is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; exposure to PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Undergraduate studies in business, finance, accounting, economics or relevant degree.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Portfolio Operations Summer Intern’ to email@example.com.