VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 7 – August 13. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This internship will focus on digital marketing concept with a focus on systems, analytics and design. The focus is on the integrated digital marketing platforms that distribute investment content and capture client behavioral data. These systems include, but may not be limited to: web analytics tools, automation platform (Marketo), customer relationship management system (Salesforce), content management system (EpiServer), project management software (JIRA), and 3rd party data. All these systems and tools are essential to the digital and integrated marketing business.
In the systems role, you will gain hands on experience around digital content marketing and syndication, globally. Understanding content and video strategy, how it is distributed and the relationship between ‘bundles’ of content and videos will be a main focus.
For the data analytics part of this role, you will be asked to identify, track, and analyze web and email behavior for our clients and prospects. The output may include producing regular reports for senior management, drawing conclusions, and making recommendations based on the data that is collected.
For the design portion of this role, you will help resize display ads, build charts for our digital assets (emails and blogs), organize a digital asset system, tagging photos and convert product presentations into the new corporate template.
In partnership with the team, the outcome of the 10-week internship includes, but is not limited to:
- Reporting on key performance Indicators
- Identifying web analytics trends
- Identifying opportunities for predictive content marketing
- Structure executive dashboards and use data visualization to effectively communicate behavior to the larger VanEck organization
- Support operations on for the digital marketing team including taking a role in email, web, and social marketing and execution.
- Support JIRA tickets and coordination with VanEck IT
- Partner with digital marketing and marketing communications to align content cross promotion across US VanEck website
- Video production, assist with the coordination of reviews and approvals and suggest improvements
- Support design production for digital properties and corporate presentations
- Interest in digital marketing and content syndication
- Previous experience in data analytics and reporting
- Previous experience with HTML
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and interest learning design
- Working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Roll up your sleeves work ethic
- Comfortable learning something new such as design concepts and video creation
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful, but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Digital Marketing Summer Intern’ to email@example.com.