The Revenue Audit Manager provides leadership and oversight over the Revenue Audit functions for the Company’s resort operations from Broomfield, CO. Of critical importance for this role will be providing strategic leadership and vision to drive re-imagination efforts to further enable scalability as well as ensuring that an appropriate internal control environment exists. Along with audit responsibilities, this individual will support and manage certain Sarbanes Oxley tasks under the supervision of the Sr Manager Revenue Audit & Compliance.
- Provide strategic vision, project management, leadership, and guidance for the development of new revenue audit procedures and analytical tools that better identify or aid in the identification of financial statement errors or misuse of Company assets
- Provide support during integrations including leading discovery sessions, developing integration strategy, and executing on integration plans
- Manage revenue audit functions, ensuring the effective and timely audit and review of Product Sales and Services (PSS) and Food and Beverage (F&B) transactions with the goal of accurate revenue recognition and identification of fraudulent activities for a sub set of the company’s resorts.
- Manage revenue audit staff, providing guidance, feedback on performance and evaluating new hires and staffing needs.
- Provide thought-generation for ideas to improve existing processes with the goal of efficiency and alignment across all resorts. This includes carrying ideas through to completion or implementation.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the systems and processes related to all areas of responsibility.
- Continue to push initiative of aligning all resorts toward consistent revenue audit processes and procedures, including developing content for and leading best practice calls
- Identify areas for process improvement including improvement of controls to ensure company policies are being followed.
- Engage with operations: provide training and identify training issues, ensure that SOX controls are in place and are followed, contact locations that have not closed timely, and identify other areas of weakness in operational processes that could lead to concerns over accuracy and controls of revenue recognition
- Assist in the annual SOX audit including the management of documentation updates, attending walkthrough meetings, being a liaison between management and external auditors and identifying risk areas.
- Inspire trust and establish strong relationships with all stakeholders including the Corporate Accounting team, Resort Operations Management, Business and Product Solutions, Information Technology, Senior Management and Revenue Accounting team
- Foster and develop a culture of teamwork, employee development and accountability. Educate business stakeholders on best practices.
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Other projects/tasks as assigned
- Possess drive. Exhibit a strong desire to be the best. Be decisive and take initiative. Step up and execute. Deliver results. Take accountability for results. Make difficult business and personnel decisions when needed.
- Forward-thinking and out front. Stay one step ahead of the needs of the organization and leadership. Strategize and prioritize the most important work. Solution driven, not problem driven.
- Innovate and lead change. Take measured risks, challenge the status quo, and foster new ideas. Thoughtfully approach all potential outcomes.
- Self-aware. Deeply understand your own strengths and opportunities. Seek feedback from others on your performance and leadership. Constantly seek to improve your leadership skills.