Now Building – Future Leaders!
Hines Supply, a Division of USLBM Is Seeking a Buyer for Our Montgomery, IL Location.
Hines Supply is seeking qualified candidates for our Buyer position. We’re a people first company that’s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now!
Recently voted Chicago Tribune’s Top 100 Places to Work!!
Hines Supply has been providing assistance to builders and homeowners since 1892. Throughout the years, we have remained dedicated to providing quality, value and service to our customers. Our core commitment is to provide 100% customer satisfaction.
What you should know about working at Hines Supply:
- We’re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your day as a Buyer
- Conducts meetings with vendors, obtains quotations, negotiates prices and delivery dates
- Places orders and selects proper sources of supplies, commodities and materials
- Contacts suppliers regarding adjustments, incorrect materials, deliveries, etc.
- Locates new sources of supplies as necessary
- Determines the adequate stocking levels for sales and distribution
- Maintains pricing and item file to keep systems up to date and accurate
- Evaluate Division position and demand cycles for certain products and commodities
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
- Education. High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience. Purchasing, inventory control or warehouse experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge. Previous building material knowledge or construction industry knowledge.
- Communication. Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills (Required).
- Special Skills. Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Skills. Understanding of stocking, inventory control and warehouse principles
- Other Skills. Understanding of contracts and terms of purchase
- Physical. Lifting up to 25 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally
Building Your Career With Benefits:
The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
The Good. 401(k) with company match.
The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Hines Supply.
Hines Supply is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.