Webinar and Event Producer
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: Remote/Home-Based Position
Department: UMDI – PMFO Head Start
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth’s flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute (UMDI) is a public service, outreach, and economic development unit of the University of Massachusetts, providing government, business, and non-profit organizations with effective solutions in the areas of research, organizational development, training, and technical assistance through its 9 distinct business units. UMDI has a budget of approximately $23 million per year and employs approximately 130 full-time professional employees, and 50 part-time, seasonal, and graduate student employees.
The University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute’s (UMDI) Head Start Program Management and Fiscal Operations (PMFO) business unit, funded through the Office of Head Start (OHS) National Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) System, works closely with OHS to ensure that all Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) grantees have access to current, high quality and evidence-based information, resources and TTA to support program management, leadership, governance and fiscal operations. PMFO provides essential program and financial management resources to Head Start governing bodies, leaders, grantees, and delegate agencies. The provision of these resources requires partnership with sub-recipients, consultants, and vendors.
The Webinar and Event Producer will ensure all technical logistics are prepared and implemented for webinars, along with knowledge management of collected webinars’ attendances registration, statistics, speakers’ and participants’ preparation, feedback. The Producer will ensure webinar recordings and materials are published as agreed via approved portals; and work with content specialists and other members of the PMFO product development team responsible for each webinar’s learning content. The Webinar and Event Producer will be a highly resourceful team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual must take initiative in exploring innovative practices and platforms to meet shifting training needs, possess strong administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities. The individual must exercise good judgement in a variety of situations and utilize strong written and verbal communication skills. This position may support other UMDI Business Units with webinar production.
The essential duties of the Webinar and Event Producer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Production, planning, and coordination of a suite of webinars using different platforms to include: ensuring easy insertion of video and infographics, optimal duration, user-friendly guidelines for facilitators, trainers and participants, all while being cognizant of differing time zones and participant cultures.
- Provide strategic guidance on engaging adult learners through live, synchronous, asynchronous, and hybrid virtual training.
- Support training of key trainers and facilitators to source and prepare their training materials for optimal final webinar adaptation and effectiveness.
- Coordinate with participants, external virtual service providers, and UMDI IT support to establish and maintain knowledge management and portal access to materials and webinars.
- Manage registration platforms, including confirmations, reminders, and follow up emails.
- Ensure that the most current technologies are optimally deployed to support participants; keeping current with and foreseeing instructional needs.
- Provide technical support of training and technical assistance using webinars, virtual and in-person presentations, online tools, and conferences.
- In support of PMFO team, identify and formulate suitable strategies for translating in-person and analog training and resources to virtual formats.
- Work closely with product development team and PMFO management on successful event delivery through meticulous on-site execution of the conferences/event programs to meet exceptional client standards.
- Solve complex content or delivery related issues in collaboration with production and technical teams. Interact effectively with senior internal and related external staff.
- Lead pre- and post-production of webinar delivery including scheduling rehearsals, managing recordings, and producing follow up documents.
- Organize conference calls, events and knowledge sharing meetings for stakeholders, internal facilitation team and production team.
- Arrange and coordinate nation-wide meetings and events including managing logistical requirements and productions and distribution of materials before, during, and as follow-up.
- Provide historical reference by utilizing electronic filing and retrieval systems, and developing and implementing recovery plans.
- Manage activities, resources, equipment and information and inform the Product Development Manager of any coordination issues which cannot be resolved.
- Manage the development and time-sensitive delivery of content and presentation tools (best practices, etc.) for in-person, virtual, and hybrid trainings.
- Actively participate in UMDI-wide initiatives as requested.
- Conduct other operational and logistical tasks as needs are identified.
- Develop and maintain a working understanding of key University administrative procedures, systems and tools.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, communications, journalism, media, or related field.
- Three plus years of equivalent professional webinar production experience may be accepted in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree;
- Experience in hosting and coordinating producing multi-day, multi-stream events;
- Proficient in the following:
- Remote training/web conferencing platforms such as Zoom, GoToWebcast, etc;
- Preparing and producing webinars in diverse Webinar Software Platforms and other on-line capacity development events;
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applying adult learning theories and educational methodologies;
- Ability to research new technology tools beneficial to promoting engaged teaching and learning;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, federal office, and external partners, while demonstrating the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Demonstrated skills of adaptability, versatility, and excellent attention to detail in administration and facilitation;
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively both independently and in a team-based environment; and
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, with a focus on objectives and meeting deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Master’s degree in education, instructional design, communications, journalism, media, or other related field.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Will be required to maintain a home office, with a physically safe workspace that is an appropriate location for the telework, with high-speed internet access, sufficiently free of distractions. During remote work time, must be available for ongoing contact with members of the team
- Work both independently and in a team setting, and with varying amounts of support, as project assignments may require. Project assignments may vary and are made at the discretion of the PMFO Product Development Manager.
- Regular travel may be required, including occasional travel to Massachusetts and to Washington, D.C. The employee will be exposed to outside environmental conditions during travel times.
- Some moving and transporting of supplies and materials weighing less than 20 pounds.
- The physical/mental demands and work environment factors described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is funded by grants and/or contracts, and is contingent upon funding.
- This is a full-time benefited position.
- No relocation assistance provided.
- Any job offer is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Standard full-time work schedule consisting of five, eight-hour days and 40 hours each week. Work performed in addition to the regular work week may be necessary and may require a change in availability at specific times to accommodate variations in work and client demands.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please complete online application, including a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references before October 29th. The position may remain open until fill.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.