The Wireless Systems Engineer will be part of a small engineering team that performs network design, implementation, administration, and support of GSM, UMTS, and LTE wireless Enterprise Messaging and Remote Data Management (EMDM) systems as well as wireless network core and radio components. The Wireless Systems Engineer works with team members including other system engineers, software engineers, account managers, and solution architects to contribute to customer driven wireless solutions.
Essential skills and experience:
· U.S. Citizen with the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government issued security clearance.
· 0-5 years of experience in wireless telecommunications.
· BS of Electrical Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering, or Systems Engineering.
· Exposure to Asterisk PBX systems.
· Experience with Windows, CentOS, and Ubuntu Linux operating systems.
· Proficient in Microsoft computer applications (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)
· Basic IP networking knowledge.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
· Willingness to learn and work with new technologies and systems.
· Expected Travel: Up to 25%
Valued but not required skills and experience:
· Knowledge of radio frequency and fiber optic communication technology.
· Exposure to or experience with mobile wireless networks, protocols, and standards (e.g. SIP, SS7, Diameter, LTE).
· Knowledge of Teles/UPM or LinkXess GSM, CDMA and LTE gateways.
· Knowledge of Cisco IOS.
· Familiarity of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and other IMS related applications.
· Understanding of Bash and Linux scripting.
· Understanding of relational database management.