The Volpe Center is recruiting talented and diverse individuals to fill a variety of Pathways positions: Computer Scientist, Data Scientist, Economist, Engineering Psychologist, Budget Analyst, Program Support Assistant, Policy Analyst, Operations Research Analyst, and a wide variety of General Engineers.
Applications will be accepted on usajobs.gov beginning October 27, 2020
· There is one application link for all of the internships, during the “apply now” process you will be asked to identify which positions you wish to apply to.
· Apply to as many positions and grades that you might be qualified for and interested in (managers will be hiring for 20-30 positions at all levels across the Center).
· Include current and former transcripts for any and all education you have ever received. Make sure you include your most recent proof of enrollment or unofficial transcript, which must show student enrollment in the current semester/fall 2020.
· If you are graduating before August 2021 then you must provide proof of acceptance or enrollment in a subsequent degree program. However, if you do not plan to continue your education then you will not qualify for these internship positions.
· Be thorough in your application/resume, include projects, awards, and research papers and describe how your education and work/volunteer experience relates to the position.
· Managers do read cover letters – Why would you like a career in public service? What transportation fields or Volpe projects do you find interesting?
· Confirm that all your documents were sent properly; if required documents are missing or outdated then you may not receive consideration. For assistance applying for announcements contact the Automated Staffing Group at (202) 366-1298 or TRANSJOBS@.dot.gov Mon-Fri, 8am to 4pm.
· US Citizenship is required.