CID special agents are primarily responsbile for conducting criminal investigations in which the Army is, or may be, a party of interest. They handle felony-level crimes that involve Army property and Army personnel.
- Conducts independent felony-level criminal investigations; General and Economic Crimes, and Counter-Drug Operations
- Processes crime scenes and collects evidence
- Conducts interviews or interrogations of complainants, victims, witnesses and subject
- Provide forensic laboratory support
- Performs Protective Services operations
CID Special Agents must have high moral standards and the utmost integrity. The training agents receive provide them with the technical skills that will permit them to execute any felony investigative mission with success. Due to the nature of work required of CID Special Agents, strict qualification must be met prior to application.
Job training for a CID Special Agent requires completing 15 weeks of a resident course, which is designated to train criminal investigation duties in field units for the Army.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Civil and military laws
- Investigation procedures and techniques
- Crime scene processing
- Testimonial evidence
- Protective services
- Child abuse prevention
- Crisis/Hostage negotiations
- Interest in law enforcement
- Willingness to perform potentially dangerous work
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Remain calm under heavy duress
- Mental and physical fitness
CID DIRECT ACCESSIONS PILOT PROGRAM FOR NEW RECRUITS
If you are a college graduate interested in joining the Army and having a career as a federal law enforcement officer, you may be interested in the CID Direct Accessions Program. Successful applicants must complete 31B Military Police One Station Unit Training (OSUT) and the CID Special Agent Course (CIDSAC). Due to the nature of work required of CID Special Agents, strict qualification must be met prior to enlistment: Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship
- 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in: Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Digital Forensics, Legal Studies, Accounting, Finance, Psychology or Biology
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Normal color vision (no exception to policy authorized)
- No physical limitations and no history of mental or emotional disorders
- Speak and write clearly
- Favorable credit history
- Valid driver’s license and favorable driving record
- No felony or court martial convictions
- Eligibility for Top Secret clearance
- Suitable character, integrity, reputation, sobriety, discretion, and stability as established by a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with federal, state and local law enforcement.
Also, College tuition paid 100 percent the entire time you are in the service.
Up to $86,536 to go to college AFTER the military with your rent covered by the Military for 4 years. (Can be used by you or split amongst your immediate family members)
Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $50,000 Student Loan Repayment
Free housing (or your rent paid directly) and utilities 100 percent covered for you and your family Free Medical and Dental for you and your family 30 days paid vacation. Free Travel. And much, much more…
You must be: Under 35 No Major Law Violations (Sexual Misconducts, Domestics..)
No Major Medical issues (Missing Limbs, Mental Health Issues..)
Be a US Citizen or Hold at least a green card (I-551)
For more information about the United States Army and Army Reserve please contact me at:
611 Bilelenberg Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
If interested, fill out an application or call/text me anytime at 612-385-5116