Overview: The Accounting Analyst is responsible for financial management duties such as budgeting, disbursing and accounting for government funds. They make sure vendors are paid, budgets are balanced and financial matters are met so the Army keeps running.
- Receive and post documents to accounting/budget systems
- Process treasury checks for payment and pay for invoices
- Maintain files and prepare financial reports/travel vouchers
- Review contracts, invoices and receive reports.
Job training for a Accounting Analyst is nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction for accounting techniques.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Accounting principles and procedures
- Maintenance of financial reports and budgets
- Analyzing financial data
- Computation of pay and deductions
- Interest in mathematics, statistics and accounting
- Ability to work with numbers
- Capable of using computers and other office machines.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in any field you choose, especially as a bookkeeper or an accountant.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
- BMO Financial Corp.
- Zions Bank
- Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. (USA)
- Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
- OFFICE DEPOT, INC.
- SEARS HOLDING CORP
- Also, College tuition paid 100 percent the entire time you are in the service.Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $50,000 Student Loan Repayment.
- Up to $86,536 to go to college AFTER the military with your rent covered by the Military for 4 years. (Can be used by you or split amongst your immediate family members)
Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $50,000 Student Loan Repayment
- Free housing (or your rent paid directly) and utilities 100 percent covered for you and your family
- Free Medical and Dental for you and your family
- 30 days paid vacation.
- Free Travel.
- And much, much more…
You must be:
- Under 35
- No Major Law Violations (Sexual Misconducts, Domestics..)
- Be a US Citizen or Hold at least a green card (I-551)
- High School Diploma/GED holder
- No Major Medical issues (Missing Limbs, Mental Health Issues..)