At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role
We are seeking a Mapping & Localization Software Engineer Co-Op to help with the map creation and localization process used to enhance robotic driving.
As part of the mapping and visualization team, you will be able to create maps that give automated vehicles awareness of their environment. You will also be presented with opportunities to develop your own software to improve our ability to efficiently create maps of new areas and to visualize map data alongside data from many other software components.
- Create and maintain map data used to enable autonomous driving
- Improve map creation processes
- Develop new software for real time visualization of data from a variety of sources
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week for the duration of their co-op.
- Candidate must be a full-time student currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with C++ and ROS
- Comfortable with 3D geometry and coordinate transforms
- Ability to troubleshoot software
- Desire to learn and willingness to help out with a variety of tasks