Internship Title: Program Coordinator Internship
Reporting to: Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh, Founder of YAAANA
Credits: Unpaid internship
Hours: Part time, 5 – 20 hours per week (flexible)
Location: Remote internship
The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA), based in San Diego, California, is looking for a Program Coordinator intern. The mission of YAAANA is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yaaana.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in scheduling and coordination of our many educational and cultural programs. No knowledge of the Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Internships last 15 weeks, but can be more or less depending on the availability and needs of the intern.
Training, supervision, and feedback will be provided. Internships are unpaid.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Key responsibilities & duties
1. Scheduling and administrative support of programs, including Yiddish language classes, Yiddish Theater Academy events, intensive language and culture programs, and fundraisers.
2. Coordination of Zoom classes and events and future in-person programs.
3. Establishing and maintaining relationships with other organizations.
4. Data collection and analysis for future program development.
Work experience & skills
1. Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
3. Strong initiative.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at email@example.com. Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.