Advance your career, make money and see what it’s like to work in federal government next summer! The Department of Transportation (DOT)’s Summer Transportation Internship Program for Diverse Groups (STIPDG) is a critical part of U.S. DOT’s efforts to increase diverse representation in its workforce. Interns are placed in a variety of roles and departments within the DOT based on major, educational level, and skills. Students are based in the DOT Washington, D.C. headquarters, as well as at DOT regional offices across the United States. Students representing diverse gender, racial, ethnic and regional groups are encouraged to apply.
As a college career-development non-profit, The Washington Center administers this program on behalf of and in close coordination with the Department of Transportation. See our STIPDG website here: https://twc.edu/programs/summer-transportation-internship-program-diverse-groups.
The program runs 10 weeks, June 7-August 13th, 2021 (tentative). This is a competitive program and not all applicants are guaranteed acceptance.
• Round-trip airfare and fully-furnished housing provided (if your permanent
residence is more than 50 miles away). (Only if in person internship is
• Undergraduate students receive $4,000, graduate and law school
students receive $5,000.
In order to apply, you will need to:
• Be a U.S. Citizen.
• Be currently enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program of study at an
accredited U.S. institution of higher education as recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education (please visit https://www.ed.gov/accreditation to
verify your school and program of study).
• Be a junior or senior for the fall 2021 semester if you are an undergraduate student (applicants from Junior, Tribal or Community College institutions must be entering their second year fall 2021).
• Be entering second or third year in the fall 2021 semester if you are a graduate or law school student.
If interested in being considered for the STIPDG Intern Program, please fill
out a STIPDG application at https://stipdg.e.twc.edu by January 31, 2021.
The program runs 10 weeks, June 7-August 13th, 2021 (tentative).