Under the general direction of the Manager, Processing & Operational Logistics or approved designee, and in accordance with established protocols and procedures, the Technician will perform a variety of duties associated with donor case supply preparation, supply chain management, decontamination of instrumentation and equipment, and support in the areas of allograft skin processing and kidney biopsies. This individual must work in accordance with local, state, and industry standards to ensure safety and quality of materials and organs/tissues. Position requires days, nights, weekends and holiday coverage.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Participate in a minimum of three 12 hour shifts per pay week. Shifts may rotate day and night to cover a 24/7/365 schedule.
2. Participates in cleaning of equipment and all processing areas.
3. Performs the duties of circulator during skin processing events.
4. Performs inspections of incoming skin and ensures proper storage and documentation.
5. Performs decontamination of surgical instruments, skin graft meshers, dermatomes and other instrumentation using hand washing and an automated washing machine.
6. Assembles instrument trays ensuring that instrument counts and serial numbers are correct.
7. Participates in the disposal and documentation of organs, tissues and Aperio waste for discard.
8. Utilizes an electronic inventory system for supply management including basic functions actions such as kit creation, supply consumption/return & supply transfer.
9. Conducts reconciliation of materials for electronic inventory compliance.
10. Barcodes materials and conducts quality checks ensuring the accuracy of controlled materials, LOT numbers and expiration dates.
11. Ensures daily stocking and rotation of the supply room, and other specified areas with all necessary supplies for various LLF departments and purposes.
12. Monitors supply expiration dates and ensures expired materials are dispositioned properly.
13. Delivers packages to LLF employees and the mailroom.
14. Uses 5S principles for general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the loading dock, warehouse and other inventory areas.
15. Performs routine cleaning of the decontamination, changing and sterilization rooms, as well as hallways, carts and coolers. Cleaning may include sinks, tables, pass-throughs, floors, work surfaces, ultrasonic machine, basins, racks, etc.
16. Ensures bio-hazard trash is disposed of daily in proper containers per guidelines and regulations and assists with the cleaning and maintenance of the medical waste area.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma. Some college course work in Biology or other sciences preferred. Previous healthcare experience preferred, but not required.
2. Ability to learn and perform aseptic technique. Previous experience with sterile technique and/or experience working in a sterile/OR environment preferred.
3. Excellent written communication skills with the ability to document precise numbers and figures.
4. Ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly while managing and prioritizing deadlines.
5. Ability to work rotating and/or extending hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
6. Knowledge of and ability to use a personal computer and all Microsoft office applications.
7. Ability to pay attention to detail and take direction to work both independently and collaboratively.
1. Participates in skin processing in a laboratory or in a sterile field/environment.
2. Performs duties associated with skin processing and tissue distribution requiring standing, bending, and lifting up to 55 pounds.
3. Exposure to variable temperatures from freezers at -80º C and below, and in the handling of dry ice.
4. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, pharmacological agent, with likelihood of harm if established health precautions are not followed.
5. Possible visual fatigue associated with use of a CRT screen.
6. This position is a Level 1 – High level exposure to Blood borne Pathogens and TB. Employees are in a hospital setting and have direct contract with donors or donor organs and tissues through donor management, recovery and processing.
7. Work requires attention to detail, flexibility in assignment changes, and meeting deadlines which may produce mental fatigue.
8. Work requires frequent standing and walking for moving and stocking supplies
Benefits and Perks:
- Paid personal and sick time
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Free onsite gym
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Health and wellness incentives (sponsored fitness activities and classes)
- Onsite dry-cleaning services
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Casual attire
- Frequent team building and employee engagement activities
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.