Chemours is seeking a Mining Engineer Summer Co-op to join our Minerals Enterprise team! This position will report directly to the Process Manager and will be primarily stationed at either the Starke, FL or Jesup, GA locations.
As a Mining Engineer Co-op, you will work closely with the Mining and Processing teams gaining valuable experience through hands-on projects at the mining and processing facilities. You will have exposure to real-time engineering work alongside other engineers and operations support staff to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom.
Effective engineering co-ops will have the ability to communicate with impact, have strong self-awareness, and will be naturally inquisitive.
Locations: Starke, FL or Jesup, GA
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Preferred First Term: May-August 2021
Two (2) or more terms may be required. Seeking candidates with the ability to commit to at least a total of six (6) months as a co-op through 1 or more terms.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with experienced mining professionals on safety, environmental, and operational projects
- Rotating through functional minerals departments to gain exposure to all facets of minerals operations
- Participating in MSHA focused safety management activities and reviews
- Contributing in team meetings and conference calls
The following is required for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Junior or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mining Engineering, Mineral Processing, or similar fields
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
The following is preferred for this role:
- Participation in relevant activities, organizations, and projects beyond the classroom
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives