The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), a Family Friendly Certified Workplace, is seeking to fill an Accountant II position in the Revenue and Trust Management Department which is located at 101 E. 15th Street, Austin, Texas.
Benefits to working for TWC include:
– Competitive starting salary: $2,748.00 – $3,250.00/month
– Defined Retirement Benefit Plan
– Optional 401(k) and 457 accounts
– Medical Insurance – Currently, the state pays 100% of the health plan premium for eligible full-time employees and 50% of the premium for their eligible dependents. Eligible part-time employees get a 50% state contribution for themselves and 25% for their dependents. Employees pay the remainder of the premium by paycheck deduction before taxes are withheld.
– Optional Benefits such as dental, vision, and life insurance
– 8 hours sick leave per month
– 8 hours vacation leave per month with potential to earn more with longevity
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
– Additional benefits for active employees: https://www.ers.texas.gov/Active-Employees/Health-Benefits
The Accountant II performs routine (journey-level) accounting work. Work involves maintaining, posting, and balancing accounting and financial statements, records, documents, or reports. May specialize in some phase of accounting work such as federal funds accounting, property and equipment control, cost, budgeting, or bond servicing. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The ideal candidate will share our Department’s vision of helping the agency management achieve the efficient use of financial resources and promote highly effective financial management controls.
– Reviews and analyzes revenue documents and receipts of funds for compliance with rules and regulations.
– Classifies, codes, and posts revenue and related documents to financial systems.
– Researches and assists in resolving discrepancies with revenue transactions.
– Maintains and balances financial statements and reports.
– Assists in making recommendations for improvements or revisions to procedures.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Experience in accounting, auditing, business, or financial operations.
– Knowledge or experience with state governmental travel processes.
– Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred, but four years of related business experience may be substituted.
– Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS), and Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS) is preferred.
– Skills in using business software (spreadsheets, word processing packages, and databases) and statistical analysis.
Successful completion of 90 semester hours of accredited college work.
• One year of full-time experience in accounting, finance or a related field may be substituted for each year (30 semester hours) of education.
• A license to practice as a certified public accountant in Texas will satisfy the education and/or experience requirements.
This is a security sensitive position; subject to criminal background check.
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or other jobs! Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military work experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications and skill sets. Also, you can compare this position to military occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor’s Office by pasting this link into your browser: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AccountingAuditingandFinance.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, please complete a State of Texas Application for Employment and apply online at www.workintexas.com or submit by email to HRHelpDesk@twc.state.tx.us.
TWC is not considering applications from persons who require sponsorship for an employment visa.
A position utilizing this classification will be designated as security sensitive according to the Texas Labor Code, Section 301.042.