Texas Biomed is searching for an experienced Senior Sponsored Programs Administrator to join our team dedicated to be the global leader in infectious disease research. This position will assist with preparing and submitting proposals varying in complexity and sponsor types; will review proposal, grant and contract documents and advise the director; will setup and manage awards with varying restrictions and requirements; will monitor post-award activity on grants and contracts for allowability and allocabilty; will assist in the preparation of reports to the sponsor required during the life of an award; will communicate with external sponsor representatives to address and resolve any items that may arise; will assist in maintaining office records for efficient business operations; will contribute to the overall visibility of the department and the Institute; and will liaise with all departments and staff on matters related to pre-award and post-award activity, as needed. This position will have signing official authority for federal proposals and grants from NIH, NSF, DoD and others as an alternate to and when instructed by the director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists scientists in identifying funding opportunities, interpreting sponsor guidelines and preparing all required documentation for contract and grant proposals.
· Responsible for setting up and closing accounts for sponsored programs in a timely manner and ensures accuracy for proper business reporting, including all databases and files.
· Assists in gathering and preparing required documents during project management such as sub recipient agreements, non-scientific progress reports, final invention statements, no-cost extensions and amendments.
· Reviews award notices, contracts, sub recipient agreements and other legally binding documents prior to execution and advises director of requirements and provisions that may be in conflict with Texas Biomed and or government policies and practice.
· Monitors cost and expenditures on sponsored program accounts to ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and terms and conditions of awards and/or OMB Uniform Guidance. This includes effective monitoring of allowable, allocable and reasonable expenditures.
· Obtains updated education and knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance and best practices of research administration.
· Maintains relationships with external sponsors and communicates consistently to ensure compliance with sponsor policy and adequate award management.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
Certified Research Administrator status
Contract and Grant Experience
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
Physical science background and experience
No prior specific work experience required. A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience is required. Requires budget preparation experience, preferably from a scientific environment. Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with scientists, administrators, government agencies and contractors. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail. Experience in government grant application development and review of legal documents strongly preferred.
Proven customer service skills. Ability to excel in an environment working with members of a highly effective work team. Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options. Implements solutions. Excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to interact with both senior management and subordinates.
Work is performed within routine office environment with no exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Physical demands are usually limited to sitting or standing in one location much of the time. Some stooping, lifting or carrying objects of light weight may be required.
Other: This is a full-time salaried (exempt) position. Business hours are Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Texas Biomedical Research Institute is committed to a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Contact info: 210-258-9400