Title: TWM Certified Teachers
Specific Location: Western Massachusetts Pioneer Valley/Holyoke/Springfield
Compensation: Average starting salaries – over $50,000 (with consideration for previous experience), and includes comprehensive benefits packages
Additional Information: If you are an experienced educator or soon-to-be-licensed teacher who will have a valid teaching license (from any state) by June 2021, you are eligible for our Certified Teacher program.
APPLICATION OPENS DECEMBER 1, 2020.
All applicants must apply through the Teach Western Mass website.
Click HERE to start your application TODAY!
Build your future in Western Massachusetts as a TWM Certified Teacher!
Teach Western Mass is a nonprofit organization that works in partnership with local innovative district schools, public charter schools, and institutions of higher education (IHEs) to bring more high-quality, diverse educators into our region’s most high-need schools.
Collectively, Teach Western Mass represents 30 schools that serve more than 11,000 students in the region.
Together we’re building a robust community of dedicated educators committed to ensuring that all students are on grade level and to providing our students with a vibrant education.
Considering a move or change in your teaching career? Teach Western Mass can help you in your search.
Take the first step by applying to be a TWM Certified Teacher!
What We Offer
TWM offers customized hiring support, including interview preparation and a trusted recommendation to help make sure your candidacy gets the attention it deserves.
Since its founding in 2017, TWM has built partnerships with more than 30 schools and districts in Holyoke and Springfield, MA. Now a recognized leader in developing and supporting great teachers in the schools that need them most, TWM can help you find the school community that’s right for you.
- Streamline your job search. Teach Western Mass saves you time by connecting you directly with schools seeking great teachers.
- Find the school community that’s right for you. Find the school with a vision, focus, and culture that matches your skills, interests, and career goals.
- Receive customize hiring support. Our team will help you through all stages of the hiring process including interview preparation and resume support.
- Gain eligibility for increased financial incentives. TWM Certified Teachers are eligible to apply to the TWM Equity Fellowship, a $10,000 Scholarship to support relocation, student-loan repayment, or other financial elements.
- All of our partner schools are in the beautiful Pioneer Valley of Massachusetts. Enjoy an affordable housing market, music/arts/cultural events, easy access to Boston and NYC, and the benefits of both city and country living.
- Share a commitment to teacher development. Explore myriad leadership opportunities and build skills as you advance your career.
- Utilize competitive Career Ladders. Clear advancement schedules that ensure you earn more, sooner.
- Empower Teacher Leadership Teams to inform and shape school policy and culture. Classroom teachers have space and time to make their voices heard as part of a team.
- Are committed to educational equity. Join a team that works tirelessly to ensure every child has access to world-class education, regardless of zip code.
Qualifications to Become a TWM Certified Teacher
- A current, valid teaching license (MA or elsewhere)
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Experienced educators with proven commitment to educational equity
- Educators with touch-points in the Holyoke or Springfield communities, professionally or personally, or similar communities working for transformational student outcomes
- Current licensure (or willingness to become licensed) in high-need areas, such as Math, Science, or Special Education
How To Apply
For full consideration for this position, please complete the Certified Teacher Application on our application website.
Our Commitment to Equity
Here at Teach Western Mass, we’re looking for educators dedicated to bringing an excellent education to every classroom in our region. As educators, we share a belief that all families—regardless of where they live or how much money they earn—have the right to a great education and a bright future for their children. For us, this starts with committed teachers, and that could mean you.
We acknowledge that some candidates – especially those from underrepresented populations in the education and nonprofit sectors – may feel their professional experience and skill-sets are not a perfect match for this opportunity. Please apply if you are passionate about this work and/or our mission calls to you, even if you are unsure whether you should apply.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and encourage all to apply.
Not sure if you’re a perfect fit? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org! You might be the next great teacher we’re looking for.