Synthego is looking for a Technical Specialist, Engineered Cells to support our fast-growing Engineered Cells portfolio in conducting scientific review of incoming projects and customer communication. An ideal candidate is a technical detail-oriented person who enjoys working in close collaboration with different teams and has excellent communication and project management skills.
This role is part of Synthego’s Technical Support & Customer Success team and reports directly to the Associate Director of Technical Support & Customer Success. They will be responsible for assessing scientific feasibility of CRISPR-editing on incoming Engineered Cells projects, and assisting in pre- and post-sale customer communication.
This role involves working closely with the Operations and Product Management team, to align on feasibility decisions and sales teams to ensure clear and efficient communication of highly technical information.
What You’ll Do
- Conducting scientific feasibility for Advanced Cells Orders
- Pre-sales technical support: Provide excellent scientific and customer support throughout project intake and communicate clearly and effectively the outcome of feasibility assessments to sales and customers.
- Use critical thinking and work closely with Operations to propose alternative editing strategies that intersect with our capabilities and customer needs and present options to customers
- Post-sale support: Be a conduit between customers, sales, and EC operations to provide scientific support and context to project updates and help resolve any concerns, cancellations, or issues that may arise.
- Managing Global Key Accounts- including facilitating progress report calls and project tracking.
- Assist with improving and optimizing current processes
- Ph.D. in a relevant biological field (e.g., Molecular/Cell Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Synthetic Biology) or MS in a relevant biological field with at least 2 years of hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Hands-on experience with CRISPR and/or human induced pluripotent stem cells or embryonic stem cells is a plus
- Customer-facing experience within a life science or drug discovery company is a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, collaborative and networking skills – both towards other scientists/customers and internal Operations, Product and Sales teams. Ability to present highly technical information and be the subject matter expert.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask in a dynamic environment with strong organizational skills.
- Keen to help scientists on their path to discovery using CRISPR
- This is a great opportunity if you are looking to transition out of the lab to be closer to customers while remaining technical and up to date with cutting-edge science.
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at a rapid growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Free catered lunches and dinners with fully stocked kitchen & snacks
- Onsite Gym
- Daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.