St. Louis Catholic School, a Blue Ribbon School located in Clarksville, Maryland, is seeking candidates for substitute teaching at our Pre-K4 to 8th grade Catholic School. Substitute teachers are responsible for implementing lesson plans developed by the teacher who is out and supervising the safety and wellbeing of the class in person or virtual. This is an on-campus assignment.
- Foster opportunities for children to grow in social and emotional development
- Maintain high professional standards consistent with the mission of the school and the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Responsible for the safety and active supervision of students at all times, including effective classroom management
- Implement lesson plans, utilizing techniques to motivate, challenge, engage and inspire students to think confidently and independently
- Integrate the use of technology appropriately and effectively into the curriculum
- Perform various non-teaching duties such as recess, lunch, office, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff and administration
- MSDE teacher certification preferred
- Prior experience substitute teaching or working with children ages 4-13 preferred
- Experience with implementation of technology
- Experience in a Catholic school setting preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.25 per hour
Comprehensive safety plan approved by the Howard County Health Department