If you have a passion for serving kids, want and like to work with a high performing team at a ministry that serves over 55,000 young people a year, we want to talk to you. SpringHill is looking for Level 2 Counselors to serve this summer.
SpringHill Day Camp program puts an innovative spin on camp that involves traveling to different church locations weekly to provide incredible SpringHill experiences to thousands of kids. Each week, Level 2 Counselors and their Day Camp teams set up and lead full camp experiences for the local community at local churches and schools. Spending time leading activities and teaching kids about God is not only fun but life giving. You will also get an opportunity to build community serving alongside your teammates and meet lots of people from the local communities by living with host families affiliated with the ministry.
What does a Level 2 Counselor do?
The SpringHill Day Camps teams Level 2 Counselors primary focus is to build relationships with the kids served and participate as an integral part of SpringHill’s ministry.
• Provide an environment and an outstanding experience to all campers, parents and guests that is safe, fun and spiritually challenging
• Build trusting relationships and lead a team of 16-20 campers with one or more team mates
• Responsible for set up and tear down of camp activities daily and weekly
• Responsible to set the tone and pace for each day of camp including large group programming, activities and small group Bible lessons
• Facilitate the spiritual development of each child on your team
• Set an example for Level 1 Counselors and other team members
• Responsible for lunch management
• Participate in evening activities as scheduled by team
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Camp Director
• High School Diploma required
• One year of college completed preferred
• Ability to travel within a designated SpringHill region to provide an excellent camp experience to all kids served
• Previous experience working with children preferred
• Must be able to lift, bend, and twist
• Ability to push and pull loads
• Must be able to lift frequently up to 35 lbs.; occasionally 35-100 lbs. with assistance
• Good hand-eye coordination
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed and qualifications required of staff members assigned to this position. They are not intended or should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel so classified. All indicated qualifications, duties and functions are essential job functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).