Interns will gain knowledge through experiencing the following areas of learning:
A private nonprofit organization serving Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s Counties, with a mission of providing services for eligible citizens that alleviate the causes of poverty, promote upward mobility and enrich the quality of life. Our services include: working with seniors, adult daycare, early childcare education, housing, etc.
The Internship Program will comply with all aspects of the grants requirements to operation the program. Assist in the design, implementation, and delivery of the internship program within SMTCCAC while coordinating with each SMTCCAC program.
Pursuing a(n) Associate/Bachelor/Master Degree
An interest in Human Services
Must be at least 18 years of age
Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
· Drive internship on-boarding activities including orientation, necessary background checks, drug screens, and applications as well as coordinating the collection of internship information and manager orientation.
· Manage planning, logistics, and facilitation of internship readiness workshops with the students, as well as other functional staff as needed.
· In partnership with Program Directors, drive a clear supervisor engagement plan for each student before the start of the internship to ensure roles are clear.
· Proactively ensure bi-weekly contact with interns and supervisors to monitor performance and satisfaction via phone, email, or in-person meeting; provide coaching where appropriate.
· Track, analyze and report on performance status across the internship (based on ongoing feedback, supervisor/intern survey responses, and other data) and highlight key trends for consideration.
· Assist with developing seminars and implementation of activities to address program needs.
· Work with students on all aspects of internship, site placement.
· Collect data and prepares reports for submission to CSBG funder.
· Work in partnership with Program Managers/Directors to gather feedback from interns and managers, and communicating closely with Director of Center and Services to improve program.
· Ensure the accurate, on-time completion of timesheets and status reports weekly in alignment with the online student contract.
State and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check, National Sex Offender Public Registry Check, Physical and TB Tine Test at time of intern and annually, or by physician requirement, thereafter.