A Program to Help You Launch Your Career
Our SMBC Launch event is a unique three-part summit for sophomore college students who are interested in a career within the financial services industry and are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited university. This summit will benefit individuals who are pursuing careers that are focused on client-facing or risk management business area roles.
Our summit is divided into a three-part-half-day series this April 30, June 18, and July 30 on a virtual platform. The program will be used as a resource for candidates to be considered for our interview process in the fall of 2021.
We welcome students who are exploring Summer 2022 internship opportunities, and in support of maintaining a diverse candidate pool, we strongly encourage people of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and those in other diverse populations to apply to the event.
This program provides an exclusive forum to help students to launch their brand, network, and engage in interviews through group discussions, professional skills-building sessions, and casual social and networking activities to learn more about SMBC. As a participant in this summit, you will also engage in mock interviews and be paired with an SMBC mentor.
- Open to current undergraduate sophomores graduating from college/university between December 2022 and May 2023
- 3.2 GPA or higher
- Strong interest in a financial services career within a client-facing or risk management business area
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely
- Outstanding ethics, integrity, judgment, and intellectual curiosity
How to Apply for SMBC Launch
- Submit your application through our SMBC Americas Careers site by February 28
- Approved applicants will be sent a pre-recorded video interview by March 5
- If you are selected to participate in SMBC Launch, we will send the date, time, and virtual link for the first part of this program, Launch Your Brand, to you by April 12