The Copywriter Marketing Intern will work on a special project within the marketing department for a 12-week internship experience to bring new ideas to the table and enhance existing programs. The internship will consistent of a core team with two additional rotational projects through the 12-week experience.
Core Internship Experience:
- Working with an internal Creative Team across multiple digital platforms
- Experience of a fast-paced Marketing process, learning creative strategy and deployment
- Hands-on experience writing real world consumer-facing content under the direction of the Creative Director and writing team.
Rotational Project #1: Creative Style Guide development
- Works with a Creative Director and writers on style guides, from brief to messaging hierarchy to channel deployment
- Create and present content working with creative partners
- Processing input adjusting as required
Rotational Project #2: Brand Audit
- Audit Scientific/Health and wellness brands
- Examine brands using the “6 W’s” methodology
- Create presentations exploring visual and verbal brand language
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Desire to work as a writer in the advertising space
- Mature communication skills
- Excels as working independently or as part of a creative team
- Able to work using accepted processes
- Software Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience working in InCopy/InDesign preferred, but not essential.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks, using sound judgment and critical thinking
- Highly motivated to succeed, fast learner, team player with positive attitude
- High level of integrity, professional attitude, reliable and dependable
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving and decision-making abilities
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in English, Communications or other similar writing discipline
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.