PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Provides financial information in a manner that it can be reviewed by management in order to facilitate decision-making.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
Prepares routine asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and applying basic analytics to account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account and transaction data and prepares correcting and adjusting journal entries, as needed.
- Guides Accounting Assistants by coordinating activities and fielding questions.
- Facilitates disbursements by verifying documentation in accordance with pre-determined guidelines.
- Demonstrates basic accounting knowledge & principles through answering questions, producing the results of research, and interpreting policies and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university required.
- Experience: No experience in a related field
- Licenses/Certifications: None required
- Tools & Equipment: None required