The Mental Health Clinician provides rehabilitation services and support to children and families. The MH Clinician helps to decrease hospitalization and crisis episodes while increasing community functioning. Services provided shall include stabilization, linkage services, and consultations with the client’s family. Duties include answering crisis calls and responding to mental health crises in Champaign, Ford, Iriquois, and Vermilion counties. Driving to the crisis location within 90 minutes of receiving the crisis call is required.
In addition to crisis response, responsibilities of the position include assertive case management, therapeutic stabilization including counseling, crisis management and community support services, maintaining an overall perspective on client functioning, environmental factors, resource needs and advocacy on behalf of clients.
Work Hours: Sunday – Thursday 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
The MH Clinician would have pre-scheduled on-call shifts that are occasionally on weekends and overnights (additional compensation is provided for these on-call responses).
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling and Guidance, Rehabilitation Counseling, Vocational Counseling, Pastoral Counseling, Family Therapy or related field, Master’s preferred.
- Must qualify as MHP; QMHP preferred.
- Experience in mental health treatment
- Able to conduct individual, group and family counseling sessions
- Provide case management, treatment planning, and discharge planning for clients
- Valid driver’s license
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.