Position Purpose: Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a member of a dedicated, caring team in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, or related field (second level license required for Therapist title)
- Demonstrated education, training or experience with evidenced based practices
- Familiarity with the adult criminal justice population
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
- Practical Understanding of substance use disorders and symptoms in the DSM 5
- Familiar with conducting clinical assessments, individual, family and group counseling
- Desire to work with Adults in a residential team oriented substance abuse setting Sunday-Thursday.
- Ability to learn and work independently to complete documentation in automated software system
- Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, parents, staff or community resources
- Licensed counselor within 12 months
- CPR or complete within three months
1. Work hours prescribed by the Coordinator and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated patients.
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for patients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Assume on-call responsibilities per schedule or when designated.
7. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, employees and community groups.
8. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court appearances on behalf of Rosecrance patients.
9. Serve as a member of the DOC Clinical Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
10. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and with the framework of the law.
11. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
12. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance
13. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and assigned