Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
We truly believe we are doing things never before possible. And we need the brightest minds to help make that happen – the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That’s where you come in.
Systems and Application Engineering Co-Op’s dig deep with our development teams over 7 months from either January-May or May-December. Co-Ops create custom solutions for our customers as we integrate their systems with Rockwell Automation products. We are creating a culture of collaboration by combining digital technology with expansive human know-how to help companies work faster, smarter, and safer. Projects may include PLC and HMI development, functional design development and review, system testing and troubleshooting, project status reporting. You will work to understand customer requirements and how we design and implement solutions to meet their needs.
You will have the opportunity to be a significant contributor, while getting comprehensive exposure to the business structure of Rockwell Automation and how we are helping our customers bring the Connected Enterprise to life. Each intern has a dedicated mentor to help navigate Rockwell, ramp up in our code base, and remove daily blockers. Additionally, as a student associate there will be hosted activities and events intended to help you grow your network, develop your professional skills and immerse yourself in our company culture.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience with Industrial Automation products including PLC, HMI, or drives programming
- Technical writing, communication, and documentation skills