Accountemps is working on two seasonal tax preparer positions in Fort Wayne, IN.
You would get the opportunity to prepare individual tax returns for clients
- Consults with clients to develop a basic understanding of their financial affairs and the scope of their tax liabilities.
- Reviews previous tax returns and financial documents to identify missing or incomplete information or documentation.
- Reviews all supplied financial information for accuracy.
- Uses the appropriate accounting software or system to prepare tax returns.
- Calculates taxes owed or refunds due to client; consults tax law publications for guidance on unusual situations.
- Presents approved returns to clients.
- Files tax returns for clients.
- Maintains understanding and knowledge of changes in tax law by reading professional literature or attending tax seminars and training courses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you have successfully completed the Individual Tax course you are welcome to apply!
The job can be full time (ideal) or part time around your school schedule.