As a successful Intern, you will be responsible for assisting with operations during our summer week-long events at the Ripken Experience in Pigeon Forge, TN. This is a paid Internship, while also being able to earn college credit.
- Serve as a tournament official, maintaining a working knowledge of rules and procedures, announcing games and operating scoreboards
- Assist with rosters, welcome packets, and paperwork before each tournament
- Serve as a customer service representative to the coaches. Answer questions as they pertain to their tournament.
- Work directly with front office personnel to successfully execute all tournaments
- Assist with team registration, opening ceremonies, and skills competitions each Sunday
- Perform basic grounds crew duties such as field work and filling water coolers
- Execute basic cleaning duties which include but are not limited to, sweeping, mopping, cleaning & stocking restrooms, cleaning windows and picking up trash
- Assist Concessions and Retail Managers as needed.
- Always convey and maintain a high level of professionalism while providing extraordinary external and internal customer service
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand
- Work with staff to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently while providing a once-in-a-lifetime experience for participants
- College student majoring in sport management or related field
- Computer skills, particularly in Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Team player who is willing and able to listen and learn
- Ability and commitment to work long hours, including weekends, depending on business needs