RES is the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility project.
RES is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Project Manager (PM) to support the West Coast region. The Assistant Project Manager will conduct design and construction supervision and quality assurance / quality control to ensure projects are executed as planned, as well as on time and on budget. Management responsibilities will also include the preparation of requests for proposals, budgetary estimates, contract specifications, and project schedules. This person will also coordinate internal and external resources for the successful execution of all project phases, develop project scopes, schedule, and costs, manages teaming agreements and consultants, and QA/QC. The successful candidate will have the skills and abilities to build relationships with contractors, consultants, and clients by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner.
- Manage the planning and execution of RES projects through all phases of project development, including preliminary site investigations and data collection, wetland delineations, habitat assessments, topographic and utility surveys, design, permit preparation and submittal, agency review and meetings, construction, maintenance, and monitoring field work and reporting
- Evaluate sites based on regulatory and technical requirements and constraints
- Communicate with internal and external multi-disciplinary teams
- Prepare site designs, estimates, permit documents, and construction documents
- Perform all aspects of project QA/QC
- Develop and manage the full range of project tasks from inception to completion
- Technical and/or regulatory leadership relevant to project development
- Develop and track project budgets and schedules against company goals
- Assist the sales team with technical support throughout the sales process
- Reports to Senior Project Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent in applied sciences, engineering, construction management or similar field
- 4+ years of progressive experience in an applied-sciences, engineering, or construction field; 2+ years of PM experience within the 4+ years
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and organization
- Strong work ethic and ability to get the job completed with tight timeframes and difficult conditions
- Excellence in oral and written communications
- Experience using project management software
- Ability to lead project(s) from conception to completion
- Experience with technical and/or regulatory and financial fundamentals and constraints relevant to the project development
- Demonstrated experience in planning, scheduling, and executing the full range of project tasks on schedule and on budget for a variety of complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in estimating and evaluating bids from subcontractors, and managing subcontractors
- Demonstrated leadership and influence through communication with internal and external teams to execute tasks as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with delivering financial reports of budgets, % complete, revenue, and margins and advanced understanding of the revenue recognition process and business financials.
- Familiarity with geographic information systems and/or computer aided drafting and design
- Experience as team lead of applied-sciences, engineering, or construction department
- Proficiency in geographic information systems and/or computer aided drafting and design
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.