What is the opportunity?
We are actively seeking an Intern to support our Private Client Group in RBC Wealth Management – U.S. Our internship provides students the opportunity to gain in-depth, hands-on experience while working and learning alongside our experienced financial services professionals. You will work directly with Financial Advisors to service clients, research problems, process account forms and related paperwork, maintain appropriate account records, and prepare client correspondence.
This part-time internship will run from January – May 2022 and will be in-person at our Quarry Lake branch office – 2800 Quarry Lake Drive, Suite 260, Baltimore, MD 21209.
What will you do?
- Provide administrative and operational support to Financial Advisors and clients
- Service clients in a pleasant, professional manner and respond to routine inquires
- Provide clients with requested information such as account balances, stock quotes or other account-related information
- Assist with department mailing and filing projects
- Other general administrative support as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
- College student working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word (knowledge of mail merge is a bonus), Excel, Outlook)
- Interest in financial services industry
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement