R2C Inc. is looking for a highly motivated, self-starting machinist capable of assessing incoming fabrication requirements, rendering accurate quotes for job completion, assignment of tasks to junior personnel, training of junior personnel, programming of machined parts, tooling selection for procurement, oversight of part completion. Quotes shall include estimation of material cost, machine run time, fixturing, and quality control checking of manufactured parts.
- Operates and maintains lathe and milling machines, conventional and CNC, as well as other associated shop equipment
- Use sketches, blueprints, specifications, and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools, and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency
- Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints, or samples to ensure accurate production.
- Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers, and micrometers
- Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs, and dies
- Design templates and jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform repairs on tooling
- Interface with external and internal customers, handle supplier and customer concerns, and work with team members to solve problems during the production process
- Finish workpieces using the appropriate hand tools to ensure products are smooth and that they fit together properly
- Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties, ensuring they meet project specifications
- Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping
- Selects appropriate machine and settings for a given task
- Plans proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment
- Monitors production, adjusting feed and other settings as necessary
- Maintains the inventory of shop stock materials
- Checks output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects
- Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs
- Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in shop math
- Must be proficient with SolidCAM
- Must be able to stand for shift durations
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively and perform repetitive tasks
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills
- Excellent visual accuracy, attention to detail, and safety
- Experience working with machine tools and mechanical assembly
- Experience with Mazak CNC machines
- Experience with waterjet operations
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or vocational training program
- Five plus years of experience in a prototype fabrication facility
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.