Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX) is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics is a pioneer in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
We are hiring motivated students for our IT Summer Internship Program. The internship program will introduce students to Quest Diagnostics through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers them the opportunity to contribute to business goals. The aim is to use this program as a pathway to future employment.
Quest’s IT Summer Internship Program is open to students who have completed their 2nd or 3rd year of college. Summer Interns can expect to be placed on one of the below teams within Quest’s IT organization. In addition to contributing on their respective teams, each Intern will be assigned a project and will have the opportunity to present their accomplishments to senior management at the end of the program.
These positions are currently remote due to COVID-19, however, it is our intention to safely return to our Secaucus, NJ headquarters as well as other Quest sites in the future, including for the following experiences:
1) Software Engineering/ Development
· DevSecOps Enablement – The team is focused on instilling DevSecOps best practices in the IT organization. This effort involves high levels of collaboration with every group inside the IT organizational structure as well as the business. As an intern you will gain experience in communication of best practices, creation of CI/CD Pipelines, build out of the new DevSecOps center of excellence and exposure to many functional areas of the IT organization. This is an excellent way to gain exposure to a wide array of IT operational areas.
· Agile Development – Electronic Health Records Development Team: Team is working to modernize UI. Candidate will have interest in Responsive UI designs. Candidate will be involved integrating EHR with the Connectivity Helpdesk Chatbot with the objective of reducing call volume.
· Analytics – Exposure to data analytics, AI/ML as well as data quality
2) Infrastructure Services/Cloud Operations
· Cloud, Cyber Security, IT Operations Support – Cloud Operations manages Cloud Tools, Software as a Service, Monitoring, Financial Management, working with AWS and Azure on project support and execution.
3) Solution Delivery/Project Management Office
· PMO Execution Team – Execute IT project delivery by ensuring the integrated solution delivers on the success criteria, and addressing project issues and risks, and building commitment with delivery team and business partners. As an intern you will gain experience working on the Project Execution Process (PEP) – Quest project delivery methodology, Partner with Project Managers to build out RACI, Presentations on project kick off’s, build out and integrate project plans, help with team- Goal Tracking – Change Requests, financials, capacity allocations vs actuals
· PMO Execution Team – Execute Idea to Market (new solution launches) project delivery by ensuring the integrated solution delivers on the success criteria, and addressing project issues and risks, and building commitment with delivery team and business partners. As intern you will gain experience Working on Idea to Market Implementation Process – Quest project delivery methodology supporting new test launch/releases, Review/revise Reporting Process/Documentation, Support creation of Process/Communications; client ordering requisitions, Presentations on Lessons Learned, Partner with Project Managers to build out and integrate project plans, track progress of new process initiatives; Facilitate surveys/feedback, Partner with PMO leaders to help with Change Requests, financials, and presentations
· Business Analysis – This team is responsible for working with business and IT stakeholders to elicit, prioritize, validate and document requirements for software solutions which deliver value to internal and external customers. As an intern, you will gain experience with working as a BA on strategic and enhancement projects such as Agile and/or Waterfall methodologies in Quest’s Consumer product space, Clinical product space or Enablement product space.
4) IT Security
· Design Thinking – The Risk Management Intern position is an opportunity to learn about how IT risks within an organization are identified, assessed and managed. Understanding risk is a crucial component to understanding the company’s exposure and protecting the company from possible data loss or unauthorized intrusion. For this intern opportunity, the candidate will learn about risk management, third-party risk, audit and IT security governance. The candidate will assist with launching a new risk assessment program and to automate part of the current risk assessment process. Additionally, the candidate will participate in IT security governance and compliance activities to round out GRC function within IT Security. This is a great opportunity to learn an area of IT Security role that is in high demand in both the private and public sector. The experience and skills gained are highly transferable across multiple industries
What You’ll Do: Work with team members to update and create documents and presentations that can be used to inform internal employees, external auditors or regulators about the risk and third party risk management programs; Collaborate on IT risk and third party risk assessments to learn how to gauge their current information security posture and practices; Perform a risk assessment within IT over a defined process/function; Performs other duties as assigned.
· Threat Intelligence – IT Security’s Threat Intelligence program monitors intelligence channels for indications of cyberattacks against Quest’s people, patients, resources, and information. As an Intern, you will play a vital role in protecting a Fortune 300 company from malicious threat actors. You will gain real world experience analyzing, processing, and actioning threat intelligence from various disciplines, including Federal Law Enforcement. You will further assist with cyber investigations. The main effort of the Internship will be to leverage technology and scripting, to develop a meaningful and repeatable metrics reporting capacity, including dashboards.
The ideal candidate will be a student who has:
· Completed 2nd or 3rd year of college, with a major in Computer Science, Engineering or other analytical/technical area. We will consider other majors, provided other success criteria are met.
· Information technology course experience and fundamental understanding of technologies.
· Fundamental understanding of technologies such as cloud, mobility, social media, and networking.
· Highly collaborative, motivated and possesses strong organizational skills.
· Solid analytical & problem solving skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Comfortable making verbal and written presentations to senior management.