Work from your home, and keep making an important difference! Remote Crisis Counselor Positions
In these uncertain times, ProtoCall Services, a national leader in crisis intervention, assessment and access services to the behavioral health field has successfully migrated 100% of our workforce to working fully remote. As we continue to grow our team, our employees’ health and safety remains our top priority, and our years of experience supporting a remote workforce has allowed our staff to continue taking calls from the comfort of their homes without risking themselves or their loved ones attempting to come to the office. Our close-knit community is used to supporting each other virtually, making this a perfect opportunity for someone eager to join a team while working remotely.
Established in 1992, ProtoCall’s customers include community behavioral health providers, employee assistance programs, university counseling centers, and managed behavioral health organizations. ProtoCall answers calls on behalf of 350 organizations who look to our call takers to provide effective and compassionate access to services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as coverage that they typically could not otherwise afford.
ProtoCall Counseling Services is made up of a resilient team who work around the clock to provide immediate support for those in crisis, and are located all over the country. Think of us as mental health first aid on a paramedic scale; we are telephonic first responders to people in need. We’re looking for Master’s-level counselors and social workers to provide crisis counseling services to consumers nationwide. Remote workers are highly independent and technologically savvy, with a private work space available.
- MSW, PsyD, or PhD in behavioral health field or M.A. or M.S. in behavioral health with a clinical practice emphasis from a program that is accredited by COAMFTE, CACREP, or CORE
- Licensed (limited or full) according to the State licensing board requirements (LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LAC, LMSW)
- Direct crisis intervention experience preferred, while having diverse perspectives and expertise serving various populations in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and willingness to learn to serve people in crisis
- Comfort with a brief, solution-focused model and an unfailing commitment to quality care
- Strong telephonic and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask while remaining present and attuned to callers who may be in their darkest hour
- Computer and typing proficiency
- Willing to work full-time (32 or 40 hours) in afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts (all schedules include regular weekend hours)
- A private office space with a door
- Business internet with 10mb speeds or higher not susceptible to frequent outages. Cannot be satellite or cellular internet.
- Static IP address and business class internet is required
What does an average day look like for a Remote Crisis Counselor?
Our remote call takers operate from a private home office using our telecommuting equipment, but they are strongly connected to the call center through our technology and chat system.Crisis counselors receive calls from working professionals with anxiety, college students in distress, consumers in recovery, people with thoughts of suicide, and a myriad of other mental health-related presentations. We experience all levels of acuity – from routine counseling requests to someone who is in immediate danger. During an interaction with a client, you will learn to simultaneously speak with consumers over the phone, access information on available resources, manage documentation, collaborate with colleagues for support, and guide callers to their next step…all while talking someone through a critical moment in their life. Our crisis counselors do not carry a caseload and once the immediate work is done with that caller, follow up is arranged with our partners. You will start each new work day fresh without anything left over from the previous shift. As a remote crisis counselor, you are able to work independently, troubleshoot technology, and stay in touch with supervisors and colleagues to continue contributing to the team environment.
We know this work can be intense. A six week, paid, extensive training is provided for each clinician we hire with mentors and supervisors actively supporting our new staff.
- Ability to work safely from home
- Full benefit program that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, STD/LTD and EAP services
- An accrued planned time off package that earns up to 4 weeks of vacation during your first year!
- Professional licensure supervision stipend available, if needed.
- A friendly, team-oriented culture with a supportive supervisory team and accessible CEO
- Opportunities for advancement within our unique company
- Company-matched student loan repayment
ProtoCall Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.