The Experiential Education Facilitator is responsible for the safe and effective implementation of the Princeton-Blairstown Center’s (PBC) adventure-based experiential education curriculum at the Blairstown Campus. The Experiential Education Facilitator works predominantly on and around the Blairstown Campus. The Experiential Education Facilitator utilizes a youth development model that actively engages participants, supports them in achieving individual and group goals, and helps students increase their social emotional learning (SEL), environmental education, and 21st Century skills.
· –Develop, facilitate, and debrief adventure based/experiential education curriculum including adventure course, low and high ropes course, environmental education, rock climbing, hiking, canoeing/kayaking and swimming, and restoration programming designed to help students develop critical 21st Century skills and an appreciation for the natural world.
· –Facilitate occasional unchaperoned groups and provide overnight supervision.
· –Design a sequence using PBC curriculum, create lesson plans, and develop new program activities appropriate to the participant population.
· –Remain current on the developmental needs of youth.
· –Ensure the safety of all participants at all times.
· –Correctly teach outdoor adventure, environmental education, and expedition specific skills to participants as per PBC expectation and protocols.
· –Lead occasional off-site day hiking trips, river trips, and rock-climbing adventures.
· –Work with university students to bring a college focus to our programs.
· –Assist with housekeeping and facility upkeep as needed.
· –Participate in job-related training and staff meetings.
· –Conduct a Survey Monkey outcomes survey with each group to help provide personal and organizational feedback.
· –Work collaboratively with internal and external individuals to ensure the successful functioning of the Blairstown Campus and PBC programs.
· –Demonstrate a professional demeanor which is reflective of the values and standards of PBC in all formal and informal contacts with the organization’s constituencies.
· –Perform other duties as assigned.
· –Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however experience in the field can be substituted.
· –Documented successful experience working with young adults, individually and in groups.
· –Experience participating in or leading low and high ropes courses, canoeing/kayaking/swimming, environmental education, rock climbing, or hiking trips.
· –Outstanding customer service skills, group facilitation skills, and logistical planning experience.
· –Wilderness First Responder certification preferred.
— First Aid, CPR, and AED certification required or willingness to complete through in-house ARC training.
· –ARC Lifeguard certification preferred or willingness to complete if training is offered on Blairstown Campus.
· –ACCT I or II certification preferred or willingness to complete if offered on Blairstown campus.
· –Valid driver’s license with at least one year of driving experience preferred.
· –Experience living or working with people from diverse cultures or backgrounds preferred.
· –Able to work well with a team of others and a co-leader on a one-to-one basis.
· –Able to work long hours, including evening and late-night programs, in high stress conditions.
· –Able to live and work in both outdoor places and urban spaces.
· –Able to lift and carry up to 40 plus pounds for extended periods at a time while backpacking.
· –Able to work in high places such as ropes courses and in trees.
· –Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a -variety of internal and external stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
· –Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example, and dedication to the mission of the Princeton-Blairstown Center.
Salary $450-$550 per week (based on experience) (gross before taxes), with room and board (valued at approximately $300 per week) and training (valued at approximately $750).
Please have three (3) references submit an online reference form at: https://tinyurl.com/referenceformpbc.
BIPOC are strongly encouraged to apply.
PBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff.