PPD GMP Laboratory Scientific Internship
PPD is a leading global Contract Research Organization – currently operating in nearly 50 countries! At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose – to improve health. Our organization works with a diverse group of pharmaceutical companies to help bend the cost and time curve of small molecule, biologic, and vaccine product development.
This position is located at our GMP lab in Middleton, WI – the largest GMP laboratory in North America. Check out this video for a brief introduction to our lab as told by our scientists: https://vimeo.com/284382895/ce7832f6d9.
We hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. You will receive extensive training to allow you to be successful at PPD, and it’s not just talk – our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
PPD is currently recruiting for our 2021 Summer Internship Program at our GMP Laboratory. The Program requires full-time hours (40 hours per week) starting May/June 2021 through mid-August. If a student is not local to the Madison, WI area, he/she will be responsible for finding temporary housing.
Internships are available with several departments including Small Molecule, Inhalation, Physical & Chemical Characterization, Extractables & Leachables, Biopharmaceutical, Cell, Gene & Cell Therapy, and Microbiology. Placement will be determined based on interest and major of study.
Interns will learn about a contract research laboratory and its role within the pharmaceutical research and development industry. They will also be assigned specific project activities under the direction of their supervisor. The student will benefit by applying what they have learned in the classroom to practical situations and by having various opportunities to develop professionally.
Degree concentrations desired: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, or other life science degrees
Please note: Candidates requiring long-term sponsorship will not be considered.
· Assisting team members with assigned tasks in specific project areas, as well as completing tasks in “Student’s Measurable Learning Objectives”
· Training within department (attend departmental specific training)
· Attending meetings and other learning opportunities
· Other tasks under the direction of the PPD supervisor
Education and Experience:
· Must be enrolled in a Life Science Undergraduate program as a rising Junior or rising Senior
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
· Good English and grammar skills
· Good computer skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Work Environment Requirements
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
· Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
· Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
· Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
· Able to work in non-traditional work environments
· Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
· May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
· Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
What To Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, will contact you for an interview.
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 47 countries and approximately 22,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development to deliver life-changing therapies that improve health. Join the company that is driving the future of pharmaceutical development. We work with all of the top 50 pharmaceutical companies and 750+ biotechnology companies. Join the company that is driving the future of pharmaceutical development.
Explore PPD Opportunities and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter by clicking the icons on our site.