GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN | SUMMER 2024
Currently accepting applications for summer 2024. Interviews will begin on a rolling basis in January. Applications will close when positions are filled or on March 11th, whichever occurs first. Please visit join.wearepopulous.com to learn more about our Americas Intern Program, our process and FAQ.
Populous is a very unique practice with a focus on design experiences. We design the places where people love to be together. This is our singular purpose. We use the power of design to transform neighborhoods, revitalize cities, build relationships and connect people to being part of something bigger. Populous is where architects and designers of all kinds create moments bigger than ourselves. We’re a global specialized design firm with local roots in 11 cities across the Americas. Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly-knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
WHY we design
To amplify the joy in shared moments.
HOW we do it
+ Architecture + Interior Design + Event Design + Landscape Design + Master Planning + Urban Design + Graphic Design + Product Design
WHAT we look for
+ Entrepreneurial spirit + Down to-earth nature + Trendsetting ideas + Unyielding passion + Adaptability + Curiosity + Vision + Energy + Culture enabling
The graphic design intern will support the Kansas City brand activation team for the summer of 2024.
- Creating new collateral materials and templates based on global brand guide.
- Collaborating within a team of graphic designers and marketers on visual needs.
- Developing new graphic design ideas, as needed.
- Researching technological interfacing and its’ intersection while designing environments.
- Assist in developing wayfinding plans in environmental spaces.
- All other duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience working with brand and style guides.
- Requires strong layout/editorial and typographic skills that will work in both print and digital applications.
- Experience with visualizing design in 3D and creating associated documentation drawings such as elevations is preferred.
- Desire to understand designing for built environments.
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as appropriate and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter, curious, and willing to learn.
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate unmatched skills in graphic design; the ability to multi-task and a passion for quality, creative work.
- Portfolio images that demonstrate strong conceptual/design skills, trend-focused color palettes, excellent aesthetic judgment, and use of type.
- Portfolio images that demonstrate strong illustration skills with a variety of techniques, styles, subject matter, application.
- Portfolio images that demonstrate ability to apply design and illustration to multiple formats and products.
- Current college student pursuing a degree in visual communication / graphic design, communication design, industrial design with an emphasis in graphic design, or another related field.
Populous is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic
information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
No. 1 Most Innovative Company in Architecture by Fast Company
One of the 50 most innovative companies in the world for 2022 by Fast Company
No. 1 Firm in Cultural on Interior Design magazine’s Top 100 Giants
No. 1 Architecture Firm in Cultural Facilities by BD+C
No. 1 Architecture Firm in Convention Centers by BD+C
No. 1 Architecture Firm in Performing Arts and Concert Venues by BD+C
Find us here – join.wearepopulous.com
X, formerly Twitter: @Populous